Holding a fundraising event for Share is a fun way to raise money, and a great way to spread the word too! Your fundraiser can be large or small, because every cent and every dollar will help advance our mission.
By definition, a third-party fundraising event is any activity by a non-affiliated group or individual where Share Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support, Inc. has no fiduciary responsibility and little or no staff involvement. If you have a fundraising idea that will benefit the Share, please review and sign our Third Party Fundraiser guidelines and application. Please do not begin the planning process until your submitted application has been approved. Thank you!
Here are just a few ideas for fundraisers, but feel free to get creative and think of new ideas too.
– Potluck Giving Circle Dinner: Everyone brings a dish and donates what they would have spent on a dinner out.
– Holiday Cocktails: Invite friends for a holiday celebration.
– Dinner Out: Ask your favorite restaurant to donate a % of a nights’ proceeds, and pack it full of your friends.
– Yard Sale: Clean out your closets!
– Bake Sale: Get the neighborhood together for some sweet treats.
– Birthday Party: Ask for donations instead of gifts, or raffle off a gift basket from a local business.
– Car Wash: Set up shop at the local gas station.
– Wii tournament
– Progressive Dinner
– Pub Crawl
– Jeans Day at your place of employment
How to Get Started:
Please email Development Director, Sarah Lawrenz at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the “Host your Own Event” guidelines. Sarah is available to answer questions on the development of event materials, timelines and other planning issues. She will provide you with the Share logo and collateral materials for use at the event that help to explain and promote Share’s mission and message.
We can post your event on the Share website, include your event in emails to our community and in the newsletter, and will promote on our Facebook (over 12,000 likes) and Twitter pages. This is a wonderful opportunity to quickly reach as many people as possible.
If you raise more than $2,000, Share will honor you as an Ambassador.