How to Start a Share Chapter
The Application Process
If you are interested in starting a new Share Chapter, the most important requirement is the desire and commitment to helping families who have suffered the devastating death of a baby, at any stage of pregnancy or early infancy. If you have suffered such a loss yourself, Share requires that it has been at least 18 months since your loss before you begin the process of starting your group. Before starting your Chapter, please click here to see if we are already operating in your area. Please contact Rose Carlson, email@example.com or call 1-800-821-6819 to obtain an application packet and discuss your desire to start a group.
Each Chapter is independent and responsible for its own programs, referral agency relationships, volunteers and so on. The National Share Office located in St. Charles, MO provides support to our Chapter network. Starting a Share Chapter is a rewarding experience but also a serious endeavor. You would become a valued member of an nationally renowned non-profit organization, gaining access to a wide variety of resources, expertise and support from Share Chapters around the United States.
Joining Share Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support means becoming aligned with a well-respected non-profit that for more than 40 years has established an excellent reputation among the community we serve.
The Benefits to Being Part of the Share Network
- Credibility and recognition as a Share affiliate
- Support and mentoring from National Share
- A 20% discount on the purchase of Share brochures, booklets and other bereavement materials
- National listing of perinatal loss support groups and resources
- Online Share support resources.
- Start Up Kit that contains the following: “Sharing and Caring: Establishing and Maintaining an Effective Share Program;” a copy of the ritual planning guide “Bittersweet…Hello, Goodbye,” an invaluable resource for helping parents plan memorial services; sample copies of National Share’s informational brochures and booklets; customized Share logos in various sizes for use on your chapter’s stationary, printed materials, and social media; a Share Walk for Remembrance & Hope Planning Packet
- Access to the Share Chapter Leader closed Facebook group.
- Customized yearly kits of bereavement materials upon receipt of your renewal fee.
- Already established policies and procedures.
Requirements and Responsibilities of Share Chapters
As a new Share Chapter leader, you will need to attend a Sharing and Caring Training Workshop sometime within the first year after forming your Share Chapter. You will have access to—and can benefit from—materials, best practices and programs that have proven to be successful.
Chapter Start-Up Fees
Once your application is reviewed and accepted by the Share staff, you will be sent an invoice for your start-up fee as follows:
Independent group: $500*
Hospital / Organization based group $600*
* Start-up fee includes the fee for Sharing and Caring Training Workshop
Once you are established as a Share Chapter, you will also pay yearly fees invoiced in July as follows:
Independent group: $100
Hospital/Organization based group: $300