How to Start a Share Chapter
The Application Process
f you are interested in starting a new Share Chapter, the most important requirement is the desire and commitment to helping families who have suffered the devastating death of a baby, at any stage of pregnancy or early infancy. If you have suffered such a loss yourself, Share requires that it has been at least 18 months since your loss before you begin the process of starting your group. Please contact Rose Carlson, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-821-6819 to obtain an application packet and discuss your desire to start a group.
The Benefits to Being Part of the Share Network
- Credibility and recognition as a Share affiliate
- Support and mentoring from National Share
- A 20% discount on the purchase of Share brochures, booklets and other bereavement materials
- National listing of perinatal loss support groups and resources
- Online Share support resources.
- Start Up Kit that contains the following: “Sharing and Caring: Establishing and Maintaining an Effective Share Program;” a copy of the ritual planning guide “Bittersweet…Hello, Goodbye,” an invaluable resource for helping parents plan memorial services; sample copies of National Share’s informational brochures and booklets; customized Share logos in various sizes for use on your chapter’s stationary, printed materials, and social media; a Share Walk for Remembrance & Hope Planning Packet
- Access to the Share Chapter Leader closed Facebook group.
- Customized yearly kits of bereavement materials upon receipt of your renewal fee.
- Already established policies and procedures.
Requirements and Responsibilities of Share Chapters
As a new Share Chapter leader, you will need to attend a Sharing and Caring Training Workshop sometime within the first year after forming your Share Chapter.
Chapter Start-Up Fees
Once your application is reviewed and accepted by the Share staff, you will be sent an invoice for your start-up fee as follows:
Independent group: $500*
Hospital / Organization based group $600*
* Start-up fee includes the fee for Sharing and Caring Training Workshop
Once you are established as a Share Chapter, you will also pay yearly fees invoiced in July as follows:
Independent group: $100
Hospital/Organization based group: $300